#LifeCourse in Action: Informing Families in #Washington State archive is now available!
Our latest Innovations webinar, LifeCourse in Action: Informing Families in Washington State, was presented this afternoon. There are some incredible initiatives and changes happening in the Evergreen state!
This Innovations webinar focused on the Supporting Families CoP state team in Washington and how the lives of individuals with I/DD and their families from all walks of life are being impacted at the local, regional, and state levels.
We had over 88 users log on and call in from all over the United States, including Colorado, Nevada, and Wyoming!
Our presenters were:
- Ed Holen, Washington Developmental Disabilities Council
- Shannon Manion, Washington Developmental Disabilities Administration
- Debbie Roberts, Washington Developmental Disabilities Administration
- Miho Onaka, Open Doors for Multicultural Families
- Tamra Bradford, Snohomish County Developmental Disabilities
Access the webinar archive at https://umkc.webex.com/umkc/ldr.php?RCID=561dbedd2389b439d802192282c0bdb8
A huge thanks goes out to our presenters, as well as everyone who logged on to learn about what’s happening in Washington with the Community of Practice. Thank you!
Stay tuned for details about the next Innovations webinar, which will be held after May 2017. To be notified of the next Innovations webinar, and other news from the National Community of Practice for Supporting Families, please sign up for our mailing list at http://eepurl.com/0FA_H
This webinar is part of a series focused on innovative strategies to enhance the systems that support families of individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities. Get the details about the Innovations Webinar Series.
- 1915k Community First Choice Option,
- Adult Sibling Tool Kit,
- Adult Siblings,
- aging caregivers,
- Community Connections Guidebook,
- Difficult conversations,
- discovery and navigation,
- Early Welcome Four Pager,
- front door,
- Individual and Family Support waiver,
- informing families,
- Just Like You,
- Living the Middle Years Four pager,
- Open Doors for Multicultural Families,
- Parents with intellectual and developmental disabilities,
- Snohomish county,
- Training Workshops,
- Transition from School to Adulthood Four Pager,
- Washington DD Council,
- Washington Developmental Disabilities Administration,
- Washington Developmental Disabilities Council,
- Washington state,
- Washington State-Community First Choice
Rachel is the Media & Design Specialist on the Family to Family team at the UMKC-Institute for Human Development, UCEDD. She completed her Master's in Public Administration with an emphasis in nonprofit management at UMKC. She is proud to say she is a second generation AmeriCorps member! Her passion is where social justice and technology meet. Her specialty is making projects, programs, and organizations look good.